Halul Harbour Refurbishment - Phase1,
North Quay and West Breakwater, Qatar
|: ||05/2001 - 11/2002|
|: ||Qatar Petroleum|
|: ||Qatar Petroleum, Engineering Business Department|
|: ||US$ 17,543,000|
Description of Works:
EPIC project to cope with future expansion providing additional berthing and increased protection inside the harbour.
Major items of work included:
- Refurbishment of 62m long existing North Jetty including installation of 11m long sheet pile wall, pre-cast cope beams, etc.
- Demolition of existing Lee Breakwater of 91m length.
- Construction of 512m long breakwater (round end at -12m and crest level from +5.5 m to +6.5 m.
- Construction of quay at north end of the breakwater, supported on 32 nos. bored concrete piles of 1200 mm dia.
- Construction of firewater pump house supported on 10 nos. bored concrete piles of 1200 mm dia.
- Construction of utility water pump house supported on single bored concrete pile of 1200 mm dia.
- Installation of 4 nos. 12 m high lighting poles at the quay.
- Installation of 14 m long steel walkway.
- Cathodic protection for sheet piles.